The Abilene Adopt-A-Spot program provides an opportunity for groups to show pride in Abilene by volunteering to adopt a public area for the purpose of litter reduction and beautification. We are always adding new spots to the program. If you have a spot that you would like to adopt whether it is close to home, neighborhood or work, consider adopting the spot as your very own.
Adopt a site and do your part to keep litter out of our waterways. Your volunteer effort to remove litter, aquatic trash, and debris are critical to our communities. When we connect people to places, we help them take ownership of their communities. This reduces littering and illegal dumping, which results in cleaner lands, healthier aquatic ecosystems, and lowers the burden on local governments.
How Do I Adopt-A-Spot?
Thank you for your interest! If you are interested in adopting a street or creek in Abilene, please review and complete the “Adopt-A-Spot application down below. This is a great way for church or civic groups, businesses or individuals to make the pledge to keep an area clean.
Here’s How It Works:
- Identify a street or creek near your home, place of business or organization’s meeting place.
- Designate a contact person. Someone who is responsible for announcing cleanup dates, organizing volunteers, requesting cleaning supplies from KAB.
- Host your cleanup event. Complete the end of event report.
- Volunteers agree to adopt an area for at least two years.
- All participants must have a signed waiver on file at Keep Abilene Beautiful.
- Groups must host a minimum of one clean-up per quarter or (4) cleanups a year.
- Youth groups are required to have a minimum of one adult chaperone for every 10 youth.
- All groups are required to submit a report after each cleanup.
Adopt-A-Spot Application & Safety Tips
Please download and complete an Adopt-A-Spot Application. Return your application via email to email@example.com or fax to 325-676-6460. Once your application has been submitted, staff will review your information, contact you to finalize site selection and to complete the AAS Agreement with your group. A signed agreement must be in place before the 1st clean-up event can take place.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org