The Abilene Adopt-A-Spot program provides an opportunity for groups to show pride in Abilene by volunteering to adopt a public area for the purpose of litter reduction and beautification.
Keep Abilene Beautiful currently administers 33 Adopt-A-Streets and Creeks.
Thank you for your interest! If you are interested in adopting a street or creek in Abilene, please complete the “Adopt-A-Spot application. This is a great way for church or civic groups, businesses or individuals to make the pledge to keep an area clean.
Here’s How It Works:
- Identify a street or creek near your home, place of business or organization’s meeting place.
- Designate a contact person. Someone who is responsible for announcing cleanup dates, organizing volunteers, requesting cleaning supplies from KAB.
- Host your cleanup event. Complete the end of event report.
- Volunteers agree to adopt an area for at least two years.
- All participants must have a signed waiver on file at Keep Abilene Beautiful.
- Groups must host a minimum of one clean-up per quarter or (4) cleanups a year.
- Youth groups are required to have a minimum of one adult chaperone for every 10 youth.
- All groups are required to submit a report after each cleanup.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Adopt-A-Spot Application & Safety Tips
Please download and complete an Adopt-A-Spot Application. Return your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 325-676-6460. Once your application has been submitted, staff will review your information, contact you to finalize site selection and to complete the AAS Agreement with your group. A signed agreement must be in place before the 1st clean-up event can take place.