Recommended plants for West Texas zone and what month is best to plant. https://bcmgtx.org/
Gardening and Landscaping in Texas. https://agrilifeextension.tamu.edu/browse/featured-solutions/gardening-landscaping/
Gardening in Texas: 11 Tips & Facts for Beginners. https://blog.travisso.com/gardening-in-texas-11-tips-for-the-beginner/
Urban Farmer: Vegetable Planting Calendar. https://www.ufseeds.com/learning/planting-schedules/texas-vegetable-planting-calendar/
Winter Gardening Tips. http://takecareoftexas.org/hot-wire/winter-gardening-tips
Texas Gardening. https://www.highcountrygardens.com/gardening/texas-gardening
- Take Care of Texas
- Texas Water Development Board
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Take Care Of Texas: In the Yard
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, EarthKind
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Integrate Pest Management
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Native Plant Selector
Need More Information on Yard Care?
Visit Take Care Of Texas – Do Your Part Videos to watch instructional videos.
- “How to Start Composting in Your Own Backyard,” featuring Travis County Master Gardener Patricia Mokry, explains simple ways to begin and maintain various types of compost.
- “Build a Rain Barrel” is a step-by-step demonstration on how to assemble your very own rain barrel using a 32 gallon plastic trash container.
- “Preparing Your Irrigation System for Spring” provides step-by-step instructions to help you prepare your irrigation system before you begin watering regularly.