Internship Program

Are you a college student looking to gain some practical experience in event planning, fundraising campaigns, educational presentations / workshops, social media communications, and volunteer coordination? Check out the Keep Abilene Beautiful Internship Program. Applications are accepted year-round.

 

Position: Keep Abilene Beautiful Internship

General Summary:

The Keep Abilene Beautiful Intern assists with the programs and duties of the 501(c)(3) non-profit Keep Abilene Beautiful. This position is unpaid, but participants can receive school credit (if eligible and arranged through your institution). Participants will work directly with the Keep Abilene Beautiful Coordinator located primarily at City Hall.  

Intern duties will be subject to experience and education level, but may include assisting in event planning, fundraising campaigns, educational presentations / workshops, social media communications, and volunteer coordination. All tasks will be done under the direct supervision of the Keep Abilene Beautiful Coordinator.

Participants will work primarily indoors, with some outdoor events and activities required. Approximately 35% of a participant’s time will be spent working with the Coordinator, the remaining 65% will be spent working independently on tasks and projects.

 

Potential Duties and Responsibilities:

  • Observe and assist with monthly Keep Abilene Beautiful board meetings
  • Assist with the preparation of various board directed projects and programs
  • Help coordinate upcoming events
  • Manage databases and input information, data, and records
  • Update and post supervised social media content
  • Participate in educational sessions at schools and community organizations

Position Requirements:

  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program or have recently completed coursework
  • Must be able to complete a minimum of 8 hours per week, with at least some of those hours taking place between a Monday-Friday 8am-5pm timeframe. Must look to complete a minimum of 40 hours total with the organization.
  • Recommended that the participant be able to attend Keep Abilene Beautiful board meetings, which take place the second Wednesday of each month at 12pm
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs
  • Self-directed and able to work without supervision
  • Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
  • Have an interest in Keep Abilene Beautiful and the associated programs and goals of the organization

 

Application Process:

To be considered for the Keep Abilene Beautiful internship program, please send a letter of interest that includes all of the following components:

  • Why you are interested in the Keep Abilene Beautiful internship program
  • Why you believe that you are a good candidate and can add benefit to the organization
  • The educational institution where you are currently enrolled (or have recently completed coursework), including area of study
  • Your general availability
  • Any additional information that you wish to share related to the position

Letters can be submitted by:

Email: keepabilenebeautiful@abilenetxgov   OR

Mail: P.O Box 60, 555 Walnut Street, Suite 207, Abilene, TX 79604

Contact us:

Phone: (325)734-3301

Email: keepabilenebeautiful@abilenetxgov   OR

Mail: P.O Box 60, 555 Walnut Street, Suite 207, Abilene, TX 79604